With the market highlights for the coming season, the emphasis is on sustainability and individualization. Skis and snowboards are not only becoming more environmentally friendly, they are also more durable thanks to their sustainability.
The high-profile Eco jury with members including Matthias Kimmerle, Professor for Textile Product Technology at Albstadt-Sigmaringen University looked at all entries from this point of view and awarded bonus points which had a major influence on the final result. The best innovations in each segment were named “Product of the Year” by the specialist jury.
- Health & Fitness - A technology for individualized running shoes directly from HP’s FitStation stores
- Outdoor - Forge S from Tecnica – the first anatomically adaptable trekking shoe
- Snowsport - The ski and snowboard core technology FUS3D™ from CIME INDUSTRIES and CAPITA MFG
- Team & Social Sports - Maxi Grip from Select – the first resin-free handball
- Urban - BH51M Helmetphone smart cycle helmet from Livall
The ISPO Awards ceremony will take place during the first two days of ISPO Munich. At 11:00 on Sunday, January 28, the prize in the Snowsports segment will be awarded, while at 15:00, the jury will hand out the awards for the best Health & Fitness and Team & Social Sports products. At 13:00 on Monday, January 29, the awards for the Outdoor and Urban segments will be presented. The awards for Eco Responsibility will also be presented at 11:00 and 13:00 on both days. For the first time, five innovation of the „Product of the Year“ will be presented to consumers during ISPO Munich Sports Week at Keller Sports in Munich on January, 30.