572 companies and thus a 22 percent increase compared with 2016: these are the positive figures that Thomas Löffler, Chief Financial Officer of Messe München announced at the beginning of the press conference for ISPO Shanghai 2017 .
And those aren’t the only changes at the multi-segment sports fair (July 6 to 8, 2017) at the Shanghai New International Expo Center. Messe München has a new hall concept for 2017 with three theme worlds, Nature & Elements, Speed & Strength, Urban & Lifestyle focusing on running and fitness, outdoor, water sports, textile trends, and action sports. The new theme worlds offer better orientation for visitors and easier communication within “theme worlds” for exhibitors.
“The ISPO SHANGHAI aims to promote innovative brands, present technological progress, and create new opportunities to establish better communication between the industry and consumers,” said Löffler at the press conference to kickoff ISPO SHANGHAI.
72 percent of Exhibitors Come from China
72 percent of the 572 exhibiting companies come from China. The other 28 percent of exhibitors come from Europe, the US, and the Asian and Pacific region, including important big companies such as Fjällräven, Gola and Marmot.
Soccer Talk with Wynton Rufer
One highlight will be the soccer talk on the topic “SOCCER – THE FUTURE OF CHINA’S SPORTS INDUSTRY?” with ex-Bundesliga pro Wynton Rufer (144 games for Werder Bremen, 14 for Kaiserslautern) and other soccer guests.
In order to additionally strengthen the relationship to consumers in 2017, there will be a livestream broadcast held in cooperation with TMall, one of China’s largest B2C online retailers.
Make sure you don’t miss any of the highlights of the trade fair with the ISPO SHANGHAI calendar. >>>
“By cooperating with TMall, we want to establish a multi-segment and multi-channel platform that equally covers both online and offline business in order to provide a retail platform for the entire Chinese sports market,” says Thomas Löffler.
In addition, the B2C online retail website TMall will be advertising the trade fair during the ISPO Shanghai. For two days, there will also be a “see now – buy now” event where certain products can be ordered directly online.
Comprehensive ISPO ACADEMY Program
“This model will help to improve the matching of buyers and sellers and to establish a communications channel with consumers.” Again in 2017 ISPO Academy will be offering a series of lectures and forums covering the entire sports world of ISPO Shanghai.
This program includes the China Kids Sport Industry Development Forum, the Water Sports Industry Forum, the Sports Fashion Trend Forum and the Asia-Pacific Region Trail Running Summit.
Visitors who want to get active at the fair also won’t be disappointed. The ISPO Open Demo Day, which will be taking place for the second time, and the ISPO Morning Run offer visitors the opportunity to prove how fit they are and test the newest sports products and innovations.
The Full Range of the Sporting Goods Industry Will Be Presented
As at all ISPO trade fairs, the ISPO Business Solutions, ISPO Academy, and ISPO Textrends as well as the Market Introduction Program (MIP), which helps companies taking their first steps in Asia, will all be represented in Shanghai. There will also be roadshows from ISPO Award and ISPO Brandnew with the award-winning products from ISPO Munich.
“Brands for Good” is also new at ISPO Shanghai. On the newly created platform, ISPO Shanghai and Brands for Good present sustainable projects in the sports industry that have been successfully implemented in the name of corporate social responsibility.
And finally, in order to present the entire value chain of the sporting goods industry, ISPO SHANGHAI will be working together with other partners to give trade fair visitors the possibility to learn about recent developments in the production of sporting goods. At the same time, the Sports Tech Asia 2017, whose slogan is “Outdoor technology, smart sports, future fashion”, will be taking place for the first time.
“The partner event focuses on the most recent and innovative production technology in the sporting goods industry,” says Löffler. “In close collaboration with technology suppliers, we are planning on creating a leading retail platform for sports technology in China.”
Video: A Great Success: ISPO Beijing