- Expo Area: A comprehensive overview of the market – not only for sports retailers
- Conference: Focus on social megatrends – sustainability, health, digitalization and creativity
- Free activities with film premieres, workout sessions and interviews with athletes
“For the first time ever, the largest trade fair in the sports business will take place in digital form,” said Dr. Jeanette Friedrich, Global Head of ISPO Group. “We’re very keen to reach the entire sports community from retailers and manufacturers to sports enthusiasts.” The event is therefore divided into three parts:
- Market overview of innovations and new products in the Expo Area
The Expo Area will serve as a virtual exhibition area for more than 500 international exhibitors from all areas of sport. It is primarily aimed at specialist retailers who are looking for a product overview as well as inspiration for planning product ranges. All companies and their products will be presented in digital brand rooms. Visitors can connect with the contact persons from the companies directly. There will also be “digital special areas” focusing on innovative topics such as ISPO Award, ISPO Brandnew, ISPO Textrends and ISPO Digitize.
- Conference with interdisciplinary discussion on megatrends
With more than 80 presentations and podium discussions and over 100 workshops on socially relevant topics such as digitalization and creativity, health and sustainability, the conference program is sure to inspire all sector members. The interdisciplinary line-up of speakers will bring together industry representatives and sportspeople along with participants predominantly from industries outside the sector, education and politics. The speakers include
- Axel Täubert, Head of Top Creators & Gaming EMEA at Google
- Carla Murphy, General Manager adidas Outdoor & adidas Golf
- Dagmar Freitag, Chairwoman of the Sports Committee in the German Bundestag
- Jill Dumain, CEO at Bluesign Technologies
- Kilian Jornet, extreme endurance athlete and environmental activist
- Malaika Mihambo, long jump world champion and German Sportswoman of the Year 2020
- Stefan Ponikva, Vice President Brand Experiences at BMW
- Tristan Horx, futurologist at the Zukunftsinstitut
- Attractive activities for sport and outdoor fans around the world
For the first time ever, end consumers will have exclusive access to selected content from the conference program: During the Free to Air Sessions the daily openings (from 10:00 a.m. CET each day) will be streamed live with the subsequent keynote speeches and the interactive live pitch for the title of the ISPO Brandnew “Overall Winners” and the ISPO Award ceremonies in the various categories. With the Public Choice Award, an additional prize will be awarded by end consumers. Until Thursday, February 4, all members of the ISPO Open Innovation Community are invited to choose their favorites from all ISPO Award entries.
The Public Streams every evening will bring sport into fans’ homes. The free streaming sessions will include screenings of the European Outdoor Film Tour (E.O.F.T.) and the Freeride Film Festival, workouts with Blackroll and Technogym and talks with athletes from the European Championships Munich 2022, Peloton and other celebrities such as climbing star Adam Ondra or adventurer Eliott Schonfeld.
Getting away from screens, being active and doing good – that is what Run for Good, the ISPO sponsored run to protect the mountains, is all about. The virtual challenge for all hobby runners will take place from February 1 - 7. Instead of charging an entry fee, the ISPO team will collect donations for Kilian Jornet Foundation projects which aim to protect and preserve natural mountain landscapes.
An overview of all the brands and manufacturers can be found in the exhibitor directory. The event calendar contains details of all the events in the conference program. Media accreditation is only possible online.
During the event, a digital press center will be available to journalists, bloggers and influencers. Access is possible via the start page of the Expo Area. There you will find tips for your visit to the trade fair, information regarding press events and press releases from the brands exhibiting. From 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (CET), the ISPO Press Team will also be available via chat function. Answers to the most important questions regarding participation are listed in the FAQs for visitors.