Never before has digitalization gained such momentum as in the corona year 2020. And digital processes and offerings are also a must in the sports industry in 2021.
On Tuesday, ISPO Munich Online will devote an entire day in the conference program to the focus topic of digitalization. Among others, big players in sports like UEFA or Formula 1 will present their digital concepts. Tech giant Microsoft will also be represented on the Female Empowerment Panel.
In addition, ticket holders for ISPO Munich Online can also participate in the Sports Tech Conference Europe 2021. Its initiator John Persico sums it up in an interview with ISPO.com: "The market for sports technology will become even more important".
ISPO.com presents Tuesday's program highlights.
Stefan Ponikva, Senior Vice President of Brand Experience at BMW, and Axel Täubert, Head of Top Creators & Gaming EMEA at YouTube, will be speaking in the name of companies that may not have their origins in the sports business, but whose embrace of technology and innovation is exemplary.
German food retailer Tegut will also provide cross-industry insights in the afternoon under the title "The Future of Retail: How to get sustainable by digitization" in the afternoon cross-industry insights.
Sabine Seymour (SUPA, CEO & Founder) and Anna Kopp (Microsoft, CIO Germany) are two of the business experts who will discuss the role of female leaders in the industry as well as in digitalization in the Female Empowerment Panel by Frauen verbinden starting at 5:20 p.m.
Sport 2000, Otto and Unzer, among others, will be represented on the afternoon Future of Retail panel, where they will discuss trends, developments and the future of retail.
Three professional sports organisations present their digital concepts and technological innovations at the Sports Tech Conference Europe:
- Jean-Baptiste Alliott, Head of Innovation Hub at UEFA.
- Julian Tan, Head of Digital Business Initiatives and eSports at Formula 1, will speak on the topic of "Reshaping Formula 1 with Digital & Technology".
- Michael Cole, CTO of the European Tour on the topic: "How Golf is Embracing Digital & Technology".
From noon to 2 p.m., brands will provide insights into innovative products, materials and strategies in more than 20 workshops. Some of the workshop highlights on Tuesday:
- Mammut: Climbax - Worlds first Climbing Tracker.
- Intersport: Best In Sports - Intersport on the way from a buying group to a customer-driven retailer organization
- Clo Virtual Fashion: The role of 3D assets in the supply chain
- as well as further workshops from Mobimedia, Plumriver, Alvanon, VDS/FEDAS, Freudenberg and more
How physical activity and the trend eSports can be combined is shown by the Makeathon "Pyhsical eSports" in the conference program of ISPO Munich Online from 1 to 2 pm. Prototypes will be created where motivational factors such as music, play and a spirit of discovery are combined with various technologies, the goal: movement or activity.