Attention! In 2022, OutDoor by ISPO will take place for the first time and uniquely in MOC Event and Order Centerof Messe München in the north of Munich. In 2023, it will then go back to the exhibition center in Riem in the east of the city, where ISPO Munich or the past OutDoor by ISPO took place.
The location in the north of Munich offers an optimal connection to the highway, public transport and a quick transfer to Munich Airport.
The MOC Veranstaltungs- und Ordercenter München is easily accessible by car due to its proximity to the highway with direct access to the A9 Nuremberg/Salzburg.
On the A9 freeway:
Exit München-Freimann, then continue on Heidemannstraße and after about 500 m turn left into Lilienthalallee. In the city of Munich, additional traffic signs will show you the way to the MOC.
There are various parking areas available on site. On the MOC site, the MOC underground parking lot offers space for over 1,500 parking spaces. At Lilienthalallee 35, the Zenith underground car park offers further parking facilities.
Address for your navigation system:
MOC Event Center Messe München
The MOC Event Center Messe München is located near the Kieferngarten subway stop on the U6 line. From Kieferngarten it is about a five-minute walk. The way to the MOC is signposted.
If you're traveling by Deutsche Bahn or public transport, it's worth taking a look at the 9-Euro-Ticket. For a one-time fee of nine euros, you can travel throughout June, i.e. throughout the entire duration of the trade fair, on local and regional public transport throughout Germany, including all Munich subways, suburban trains, buses, streetcars and regional trains. The ticket is available nationwide from all local and regional public transportation providers.
Note: For rail travel, the 9-euro ticket is only valid on regional trains. For travel to OutDoor by ISPO by IC, EC, ICE or international long-distance trains, a regular train ticket is still required.
You can also get to OutDoor by ISPO very conveniently by bike. Directly opposite the MOC you can leave your bike in guarded parking spaces and charge yourE-bike.
Still looking for the right accommodation for the OutDoor by ISPO? We have compiled the most important contacts, links and offers for the procurement of hotel rooms and apartments.
You want to camp at the OutDoor by ISPO? Admittedly, overnight camping is not permitted on the trade fair grounds themselves. But in and around Munich there are numerous RV parks, such as the North-West campsite on the Schrederwiesen, the Langwieder See campsite in Munich's northwest or The Tent not far from Nymphenburg Palace.
You have after a day at the OutDoor by ISPO desire for even more Munich? Here we have a few tips for you:
- With the U6 subway from the station Kieferngarten you are in 25 minutes in the city center. Here, in addition to the Marienplatz, the Frauenkirche, the Odeonsplatz or the Viktualienmarkt numerous other Munich attractions are waiting.
- For night owls it is worth getting off the U6 at the station Münchner Freiheit. Here you discover the Munich district Schwabing, which is known for its nightlife with numerous bars, restaurants and party locations.
- You are drawn to the cool wet? The Feringasee near Unterföhring northeast of Munich or the Langwieder See in the northwest of the city are popular swimming lakes in the immediate vicinity with relaxed lawns. Here also SUP fans come at their expense.
- New in Munich? Then a visit to one of the numerous beer gardens may not be missing. Also in the north of the city are numerous options for it. The special feature: in Munich's beer gardens you can bring your own food. Only the drinks have to be ordered on site. But of course there are also culinary specialties to buy.
- Also for running fans Munich has a lot to offer. We have compiled five running routes in the north of the city for you here - from trail running in the legendary Olympic Park to long-distance running through the English Garden, the green lung of the city.
- And of course it is worth visiting the large and small outdoor and sports stores in the city. Many of them are located in the pedestrian zone of the city center around Kaufingerstraße.
Also at the OutDoor by ISPO, Messe München relies on a protection and hygiene concept in line with the applicable Bavarian Infection Protection Measures Ordinance.
Since protection and hygiene measures are no longer mandatory, Messe München recommends that visitors and exhibitors pay attention to the safety standards learned. Thus, it is recommended to continue to voluntarily wear a mask and maintain a minimum distance.
In case of symptoms of illness indicating a coronavirus infection, Messe München asks to refrain from a visit.
Trade fair participants may enter Germany subject to defined entry requirements. You can check at any time on the website of the Federal Foreign Office.