Gold Winner | VEJA CONDOR | Running Shoe
With the CONDOR VEJA runs responsibly into the future. The running shoe with only ten millimetre blasts is technically state of the art, but uses as little fossil fuel as possible. Instead, new raw materials such as natural rubber, rice waste, banana oil, sugar cane, castor oil and natural latex are used. The CONDOR is to consist of 53 percent natural raw materials and recycled material. VEJA is aimed at regular runners, from beginners to half-marathon cracks. Despite the ecologically sound materials, the CONDOR aims to meet the highest technical standards and offer the runner stability, comfort and guidance.
Available from: January 2020
Estimated selling price: 140 Euro
"With the CONDOR VEJA has made a thourough step towards a more eco-friendly way of producing sports shoes. At the same time the CONDOR does not sacrifice any functionality – on the contrary, VEJA has proven that usage of more sustainable materials is meeting the standards of up-to-date running shoes."
- suitable for asphalt and gravel
- Alveomesh upper shoe made from 100% recycled plastic bottles
- consists of 53% natural or recycled materials
- natural latex cushioning in the heel area
- produced in fair conditions in Brazil
- midsole that uses the same weight-saving structure as bird bones