Scandinavian companies have been a mainstay in the outdoor-clothing market for years. It is therefore no surprise that the Scandinavian Outdoor Group (SOG) hosts an entire Scandinavian village every year at ISPO MUNICH. Brands exhibit side by side, but the focal point is the Scandinavian Bar. Visitors and exhibitors alike meet there to enjoy regional specialties – and to attend the award ceremony for the Scandinavian Outdoor Award.
Scandinavian Outdoor Award for Northern Playground
An employee from Northern Playground stole the show this year. After their ¾-length zipped pants won the Apparel category, he climbed up on the bar and pulled his pants down. He wore the award-winning product under his jeans and then proceeded to demonstrate it: Sports pants that you can change out of, without having to remove your shoes. After successfully completing his demonstration, the award winner celebrated in his underwear.
Overall winner Fjällräven with their rain poncho
Fjällräven also had a reason to celebrate. Their eco-poncho won the overall award. The “Lappland Eco-Shell poncho” is a niche product for hunters and wildlife watchers. An overview of the other award winners:
The winners of the Scandinavian Outdoor Award 2016
- OVERALL WINNER: Fjällräven’s Lappland Eco-Shell poncho, available from June 2016, price: 380 €
- SUSTAINABILITY: Klättermusen’s Brage jacket, available from September 2016, price: 650 €
- APPAREL: Northern Playground’s Ziplongs Wool ¾, available from 2016, price: 99 €
- FOOTWEAR: Lundhags’ Skare winter boot, available from Autumn/Winter 2016, price: 300 €
- KIDS: ECCO’s Biorn Hike Kids, available from June 2016, price: from 135 €
- SPECIAL PRIZE: Reima’s ReimaGO, available from Autumn 2016, sensor: 49.95 € (free app)