“An industry in evolution“ is the motto of the congress of the European Outdoor Group (EOG), which will be hosted on the 29th and 30th September at Crowne Plaza Hotel in Barcelona. The EOS is a key industry event which brings together more than 300 senior executives within the outdoor industry.
These are the keynote speakers of the European Outdoor Summit 2016:
1. Jens Nymand Christensen (Deputy Director-General for Education and Culture – European Commission):
Christensen will be speaking about the huge importance of a physically active population in the Member States and on the tools developed at EU level to promote sport and physical activity.
2. Rick Ridgeway (Vice President of Public Engagement – Patagonia):
Ridgeway will be offering a valuable insight into Patagonia’s very distinct and non-traditional approach to CSR; demonstrating how some of these practices can be implemented by all companies to provide real and tangible value.
3. Frederic Hufkens (CEO & Chairman – A.S.Adventure Group):
Hufkens' presentation “The future of Outdoor Retailing“ will discuss choices that need to be made and how looking at the options that are progressive and positive could make outdoor retail a signi cantly differentiated sector.
4. Marc Reuss (EVP Global Human Resources – Convatec):
Reuss will address talent management, development, leadership, culture impacts and what he sees as the challenges we face in the future and how to approach implementing a talent philosophy.
5. Anders Selling (Management Consultant in the Automotive Industry):
The current supply chain model for the outdoor industry is under considerable pressure. Anders takes a look at this through the lens of his background in the automotive industry.
6. Alastair Humphreys (Adventurer and Author):
Microadventures offer a realistic escape to wilderness, simplicity and the great outdoors. Humphreys' talk will add an inspirational and motivational dimension to the agenda.
7. Arne Arens and Andrew Denton (General Manager, The North Face EMEA/CEO, Outdoor Industries Association):
They will speak about the opportunity to increase outdoor participation in Europe, an important topic considering the increasing levels of inactivity by adults as well as kids.